Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2006

"Vampyres" review

Vampyres (1974)

Directed by José Ramón Larraz
Writing credits D. Daubeney Thomas Owen

Marianne Morris.... Fran
Anulka Dziubinska.... Miriam (as Anulka)
Murray Brown.... Ted
Brian Deacon.... John
Sally Faulkner.... Harriet

"Vampyres" must be the greatest lesbian vampire movie ever made. I say this with authority since I have seen more than my share of lesbian vampire flicks. Some might even say that I've seen too many of them. It has everything you could want. Hot vampire women, lots of blood, hot vampire women showering together, some more blood, and hot vampire women giving each other bloody kisses as their victim screams in pain. Did I mention they were hot? So two hot vampires, (Marianne Morris and Anulka), live in a big house and get victims to come visit by hitchhiking and having the unsuspecting fools drive them home. To be fair, I would have stopped for them as well. Call me foolish. Once the dolts are in their mansion, the vampires pounce on them and start the sucking. This leads to the best scene in the movie as the two ladies start sucking away on one guy's gushing wound and share his blood with each other through many bloody kisses. This was a classic moment in exploitation movie history. There are plenty of other good sex and blood scenes in this one as well. If you are into blood and vampire babes, "Vampyres" is a must see.

SCORE: 3.5 out of 4 bloody kisses

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this movie rocks. Love me some lez vamps too.
I like all the Larraz-directed films I've seen. Many of which are near impossible to find. He is/was kind of a sleaze *auteur* to me.

Anonymous said...

Marianne Morris, The Jane Russell of Tomorrow (Revista Gente, 1975)

Dr. Gore said...

I haven't seen as many Larraz movies as I should. But based on the strengh of "Vampyres", I would hope his other movies live up to the high exploitation standard this movie set.