Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

"Creep" review

Creep (1995)

Directed by Tim Ritter
Writing credits Tim Ritter

Kathy Willets.... Kascha Lords
Joel D. Wynkoop.... Angus Lynch
Tom Karr .... David Ketchum
Patricia Paul .... Jackie Ketchum

I bought this one from a video store in Jupiter, Florida. The store was having an inventory reduction sale. I bought "Creep" along with a handful of other movies for about thirty bucks. The guy behind the counter looked at "Creep" and then looked at me and said, "You know the story behind this movie?" No, I said, what's the scoop? "You see the lady on the cover with the huge knockers? She was busted for prostitution back in the 90's. It was a famous case in Florida. Somehow [director] Tim Ritter got her to be in his movie. Yeah, Ritter lives around here. He's from Jupiter." Wow, I said, I didn't know that this was a locally made movie. I looked at the video box cover again and saw a bleached blonde with huge knockers getting strangled from behind by some drooling lunatic. As if that image wasn't enough to get me excited, now I had the full back story on this B-flick to get my heart pumping. I was ready for some "Creep".

So my brother pops over the other day and we decide to give "Creep" a whirl. "Creep" is the story of Angus the nutbag and his desire to kill people. Angus goes to visit his sister who happens to be a stripper. She was the woman on the cover, (Kathy Willets), that the guy in the video store was talking about. She looked good to me although my brother was less impressed. "Oh God, she's hideous! Don't fall for the fake breasts! Any of the other women in the movie were better looking!"

So Angus kills people while Willets and her large, fantastic, fake breasts bounce in your face. Some other women get naked as well. "Creep" is truly for the die hard B-sleaze lover. Any normal moviegoer would have a heart attack watching it. It was shot on video and looks cheap and tacky. I would give it a 2 out of 4 only because of plentiful fake breasts and blood. If you're a B-fiend, you should check it out.

SCORE: 2 out of 4 creeping Kathys

No comments: