Pages

Saturday, September 30, 2006

"Jack-O" review

Jack-O (1995)

Directed by Steve Latshaw
Writing credits Brad Linaweaver Patrick Moran

Linnea Quigley .... Carolyn Miller
Maddisen K. Krown .... Linda Kelly (as Rebecca Wicks)
Gary Doles .... David Kelly
Ryan Latshaw .... Sean/David Kelly
Patrick Moran.... Jack-O-Lantern

I bought this video for three bucks. My brother had told me about this one because he had actually met Jack-O. Yes, the dude in the pumpkin mask. B-movie giants walk amongst us. I had to behold the cinematic genius that was "Jack-O" so I could live vicariously through my brother.

I can honestly say that "Jack-O" went exactly like I thought it would. There was not one thing that surprised me about this flick. Well, that's not completely true. I was surprised to see Linnea Quigley in this one. And everybody can relax, she does take a shower. Quigley and showers. Peanut butter and Jelly. So Jack-O comes back from the dead to kill a stoic boy for some reason or another. You'd think that the kid would get a little emotional about a pumpkin man trying to carve him up. Would a scream kill him now and then? Anyway, Quigley babysits him and Pumpkinhead trashes the party. "Jack-O" follows the B-movie playbook step by step. Blood, breasts, bad acting, repeat. If you're a B-movie fan, you'll find something to like.

SCORE: 1.5 out of 4 Jack-O's at work

No comments: