Pages

Friday, October 13, 2006

"Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines" review


Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)

Directed by Jonathan Mostow
Writing credits James Cameron Gale Anne Hurd

Arnold Schwarzenegger .... Terminator
Nick Stahl .... John Connor
Claire Danes .... Kate Brewster
Kristanna Loken .... T-X

I was a little worried going into this one. The Robobabe Terminator angle felt like a desperate attempt to inject some (unneeded) sex appeal into the franchise. I was worried there was going to be a scene where the Terminator and his Termimistress were going to try to consummate their Roboaffair. I am happy to report my fears were vanquished. Or do I mean terminated? They didn't really exploit her femininity at all. The supermodel Terminator was just there as a pleasing visual effect.

So I'm relieved to tell you that "Terminator 3" is a success. This is a return to form for Schwarzenegger. I found myself amazed at some parts. The demolition derby with the big trucks was the kind of mindless destruction I used to associate with Arnold flicks. Great to see it back.

So once again the Terminator has to jump through the time portal and save John Connor's rear end. Why does the human resistance keep sending back a dinosaur machine like Arnold? Surely they could come up with a more advanced killing machine or at least upgrade Schwarzenegger to meet the current supermodel preferred version.

At any rate, the two Terminators are going to have to face off. This was the part I worried about the most. Was I going to enjoy watching a hot babe walk off the cover of Vogue and thrash Schwarzenegger? Could I even believe it was possible? Once again, the movie succeeds. Their fight in the bathroom was fantastic. It was a special effects overload. Many toilets were destroyed in the fight for the future.

Overall, "Terminator 3" is a great summer action flick. All I can say about the ending is this: Begun this Terminator war has...

SCORE: 3.5 out of 4 terminators vs. robobabes

10 comments:

yasser said...

the chick in the movie was so hot

Dr. Gore said...

Wow. I'm amazed by how quickly your comment appeared on my blog. That was a new world record. I just posted this review less than five minutes ago. I don't know how you even knew this review was up because even I can't see it on the blog yet. Anyway, I'm amazed.

And I agree with you about the robobabe. No doubt about it. Hot.

Spaghetti Monster said...

Watch this for the car chase sequence alone. matrix Reloaded eat your heart out.

It's a worthy successor to the two sequels, but Ahnuld does look his age, though not as much as Harrison Ford in Firewall.

* (asterisk) said...

I gotta say I was disappointed in this flick. The main problems were twofold: Nick Stahl being crap; and Clare Danes looking about 56 years old. What was with that? She was such a frump.

Dr. Gore said...

56 years old? Don't think I'm seeing the same Claire Danes that you are. Besides, it's all about the robobabe in this one.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Gore.- kristana loken made the movie for me,she has a nice ass,but you can only see half the crack,a pity

Dr. Gore said...

That is a pity. It's even sadder that I can't recall even seeing half the crack. My mind must have been wandering. May have to watch this one again so I can be on the lookout for Kristanna's amazing T-X body.

the sneering (homo-phobic) snob said...

I want to bugger Claire Danes and Kristanna Loken (as they both were in 1997 when they were 18, not as they are now obviously). By the way Dr. Gore, "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines" is one of the greatest 4 out of 4 movies of all time, it is an absolute blast from start to finish.

Dr. Gore said...

I always liked "Terminator 3" but I've had trouble finding other people who share that point of view. It's a solid action flick. And having a Robobabe like Loken doesn't hurt either.

the sneering (homo-phobic) snob said...

I know what you mean, people get overly sentimental about the first two movies (superb as they are) but this one is better than both of them put together. "Terminator 4: Salvation" was ludicrously under-rated as well, it to was blistering brilliance from first frame to last.