Pages

Saturday, January 02, 2010

"Breaking Her Will" review

Breaking Her Will (2009)

Director: Bill Zebub

Bill Zebub
Jackie Stevens ..Tortured Girl

I was sent this DVD. There's nothing like opening a mysterious package and seeing "Breaking Her Will" staring back at you. Let's me know that people out there care. Fun Fact: Not only was I not expecting a DVD, I had never talked to anyone involved in this movie as to whether or not I wanted to review it. These things happen when you call yourself Dr. Gore. S&M movies just magically show up at your door. When the sleaze comes a-knocking, you have to let it in.

So I took my prized movie over to my friend's house in Pasadena. The cover of this DVD has a woman blindfolded and gagged. This type of quality cinema needed to be shared. I didn't really think my friend would enjoy it mind you. But I wanted him to feel the fury of an S&M movie from Clifton, New Jersey. You just don't get these sent to you every day.

"Breaking Her Will" is the tender love story between a man and his slave. Some nut picks up a hitchhiker, (Jackie Stevens), and proceeds to break her will. He goes through the S&M motions with her, (you know, like needles in her flesh, raping her with bottles and generally not being nice), to see how much she can take until she obeys his every command. When he gets bored with her he ties her down on a wooden post. Then he heads upstairs so he can masturbate to videos of naked women tied to crosses. Typical crucification fetish. All the real psychos get off on that. Soon his nonchalant attitude toward torture becomes infectious as I start to lose all interest in his nefarious plans for this beaten women. Wills are broken and no one seems to care.

"Breaking Her Will" comes to us from Bill Zebub. I had reviewed a movie of his awhile back, "Kill the Scream Queen", which was a pleasant romp involving scream queens and their horrible, blood soaked deaths. Zebub is a one man sleaze machine and proud of it. He has a hand in every aspect of his movies. From writing, directing, producing and mailing out copies to B-movie reviewers, Zebub handles it all.

So knowing that Zebub is the driving force behind every creative decision in his movies, I wonder why he felt he needed to make this movie. It's not sleazy enough to be an S&M movie and it's not interesting enough to be a solid B-flick. So what is it and why am I watching it? Does he get off on filming crucified women? Why is this a recurring theme in his movies? Is this a cry for help to stop him before he films more naked women on crosses? What can be done to satisfy his insatiable lust to make sleazy movies with crucified women? I don't have any answers to the Zebub conundrum.

On the plus side, Zebub is not afraid to be offensive and fills his movies with as much nudity and lecherous situations as possible. Jackie Stevens deserves praise for her rampant nudity on display in this movie. What a trooper she is. But "Breaking Her Will" left me bored. It moves at a slow pace and doesn't end up anywhere close to interesting. I was expecting to be shocked by this movie but ended up with as much apathy toward torture as the crucifix loving psycho.

SCORE: 1.5 out of 4 crucified women

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me watch this with you, and for this I hate you.

Dr. Gore said...

I've hurt you. And I wish to go on, hurting you. I will break your will.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Dr. Gore said...

Thanks.

the sneering (homo-phobic) snob said...

Dr. Gore, guess what, thats right you guessed it, i want to spend the rest of my life buggering that incredible bird on the poster, her arse is absolutely ass-tounding.

Dr. Gore said...

But would you want to break her will? Or is the master/slave relationship not necessary?

And yes I concur, the caboose is asstounding.

the sneering (homo-phobic) snob said...

Breaking her will and the master/slave relationship would be of no consequence what-so-ever, all that would matter would be getting my knob up that unbeleivable birds amazing bum and keeping it there for the next 10,000 years.

ghidorah said...

I'm not ready for this one, haven't yet fully recovered from zebub's Jesus-Christ Serial rapist...

Anonymous said...

I think this is what I need

Anonymous said...

The girl in captivity (Jackie Stevens) was a hottie.